POSITION TITLE: Coordinator, Partnerships
LOCATION: Greater Vancouver/British Columbia
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
UNITE Partnerships Inc. (UNITE) is a leading sponsorship sales and marketing authority based in Vancouver, BC. With a mix of regional, national, and international clients we are fortunate to work with some of the largest and most respected sport and entertainment events, organizations and brands. We are currently the agency of record for Curling Canada, the JUNO Awards, the PNE, Vancouver Bike Share, Canada’s largest 10K running event – the Vancouver Sun Run, and one of the most iconic running festivals in the United States – San Francisco’s Bay to Breakers. We are also proud to have strategic sponsorship sales relationships with the Vancouver International Jazz Festival, among others.
We believe in the unifying power of partnerships. UNITE is trusted by our clients to represent their property in a world-class manner, advising on best-in-class approaches to sponsorship, licensing, and merchandising activities. We actively work to establish partnerships that drive lasting value for all involved.
With a solid foundation in place, and more exciting opportunities on the horizon, we are looking to add an important member to our team. The successful candidate will be a team player, who has a passion for the success of our clients, partners, and UNITE.
The focus of the role will be providing world-class sponsorship sales, service, and strategy to the Vancouver Sun Run and Bay to Breakers running events. You will also provide sales support for other UNITE clients, as well as general marketing, website management, and social media support for UNITE’s corporate initiatives.
- Be a trusted ambassador for both UNITE and our clients
- Be a passionate advocate for partners of the Vancouver Sun Run and Bay to Breakers, working proactively to ensure all rights and benefits are delivered flawlessly, and objectives are met or surpassed
- Assist in delivering on sponsorship sales activities for other UNITE clients as required
- Respond to and qualify in-bound sponsorship inquiries
- Complete market research on targeted product categories
- Proactively identify new potential partnership opportunities
- Lead the development of customized sales proposals and presentations
- Complete post-event reports
- Actively participate in discovery and brainstorming sessions
- Establish excellent working relationships with UNITE clients and their partners based on honesty, transparency, and a commitment to their collective success
- Complete regular sales updates and reports as necessary
- Update UNITE corporate website and social media accounts as necessary
- Travel as required
- Other duties as required
- 3+ years’ experience in sponsorship sales or account management
- Experience in event sponsorship sales will be an asset
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think big, while still having exceptional attention to detail
- Strong relationship management skills
- Positive attitude with a persistence and drive to succeed
- A degree or diploma from a recognized institution – business, marketing or communications degree preferred
- Exceptional verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Working understanding of creative applications such as WordPress, Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Power Point, and Canva
- Fluency in English is required, fluency in French is an asset
While UNITE has a virtual office, as this role will be working closely with organizers for the Vancouver Sun Run, it is an asset if you live in Greater Vancouver/British Columbia.
UNITE is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please send a cover letter and résumé directly to: email@example.com with “Job Posting: Coordinator, Partnerships” in the subject line. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.